August 12, 2010

Mad Again

Like many others, we at WMJ are obsessed with Mad Men. With the latest season premier a few weeks ago and Mad Men fresh on my mind, I started to notice how several of our vintage pieces remind me of the Mad Med women we love.


Let's start with my favorite redheaded bombshell secretary, Joan. I'm in love with her pen necklace and how she usually pairs it with a sophisticated pin.





















































Up next is another one of the office gals, Peggy Olson. Still trying to find her own in the ad industry, Peggy's style is more simple and classic. These simple but sweet everyday pieces would go well with Peggy's wardrobe.
































Once model, now disillusioned housewife Betty Draper carries herself with poise and beauty no matter the situation. These stunning pieces remind me of Betty's gorgeous attire.


















































All these pieces are available in the Wendy Mink Vintage section of the store. Call (212-260-5298) or e-mail(store@wendyminkjewelry.com) for more information. Whether you have Mad Men parties to attend or just adore vintage jewelry, these pieces are bound to put a little hop( or in Joan's case shake ) in your step.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new layout of your blog!

    And I love this post. But I have to admit, the obsession with Mad Men makes it harder to find incredible vintage jewels at antique stores now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice!!!

    great looks!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete